[U-Boot-Users] CramFS endianness

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 12 16:47:07 CEST 2006

In message <200607121608.26551.laurent.pinchart at tbox.biz> you wrote:

> > Can you please point out which specific parts of  the  code  you  are
> > talking  of,  and  which  specific  prolems  you see with this? AFAIK
> > cramfs has been working fine on PPC systems for a long time. [I  have
> > to  admit  that  I  didn't  test  it  recently, but I am not aware of
> > changes in that area either.]
>
> U-Boot defines the following set of macros in include/cramfs/cramfs_fs.h:

I do know this code.

> The actual definitions depend on the target byte order: the CRAMFS_{16,24,32}
> macros are no-op on little-endian systems, and swap bytes on big-endian
> systems. This seems to imply that the cramfs image is in little-endian.

Did you try it out? What was the specific problems you saw?

> Hope this helps to understand the problem.

No, it doesn't as you fail to explain what the problem is.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"I can call spirits from the vasty deep."
"Why so can I, or so can any man; but will they come when you do call
for them?"          - Shakespeare, 1 King Henry IV, Act III, Scene I.