[U-Boot-Users] dual boot by modifying u-boot environment variables from linux/vxWorks

Ben Warren bwarren at qstreams.com
Fri Jul 14 23:06:10 CEST 2006

AFAIK, you can only mount block devices, which /dev/mtd is not.  You
don't need to mount anything, though, to use the fw* utilities, since
they operate on the character devices /dev/mtd*.  You just need MTD
support in your kernel.  Make sure you have the right information about
your environment sectors in /etc/fw_env.config, and you should be good
to go.

For more clarity, you should RTFFAQ, where there's a section called
something like "How can I access environment variables from Linux"

cheers,
Ben