[U-Boot-Users] dual boot by modifying u-boot environment variables from linux/vxWorks

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jul 17 23:19:11 CEST 2006

In message <6.1.1.1.2.20060717122008.01e63368 at mail.jpl.nasa.gov> you wrote:

> CRC read error on /dev/mtd: Is a directory

This  looks  as  if  you  turned  of  devfs  support  in  your  Linux
configuration. Don't do this.

You must use the right MTD character device. Normally, this is /dev/mtd<n>
with <n> some number.

> when I execute ./fw_printenv

misconfigured...

> I'm sure there is something I'm not setting up correctly - but I'm not sure
> what. Does anyone have experience with the Gespace PCIPPC-2 board they can
> share to help push me forward with the problem?

I'm not sure which kernel tree you are  using;  IIRC  our  old  2.4.4
kernel  did not include a mapping driver for the PCIPPC-2 board (only
DOC support). Are you sure you have MTD support for your  NOR  flash?
What does "cat /proc/mtd" give?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
When a child is taught ... its programmed with simple instructions --
and at some point, if its mind develops properly, it exceeds the  sum
of what it was taught, thinks independently.
	-- Dr. Richard Daystrom, "The Ultimate Computer",
	   stardate 4731.3.