[U-Boot-Users] u-boot hangs on boot time

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 19 08:42:41 CEST 2006

In message <44BDCFD8.02678D.25262> you wrote:

>     my u-boot-1.1.1 hangs while booting, as follow is the message got from the serial:

General rule: in case of problems  try  using  current  code.  U-Boot
1.1.1 is obsolete.

Second: it would have been really nice if you  had  mentioned  whioch
board / processor this is.

> after some tests by tracing the sequences of the funtions, I found that the u-boot hangs while comming  to this funtion:
> device_register (&dev),which is a subfuntion  of drv_system_init (); -------in u-boot-1.1.1/common/devices.c

THis code has been running fine for ages. My guess is memory problems
on your hardware.

> I am so dizzy about what's going on there. the u-boot has been using for months....so I don't think it's the problem of the u-boot.maybe it's about the problem of the hardware, to cause the u-boot hangs???

Did you try it on another board?

> --=====003_Dragon177227050737_=====

STOP posting HTML here!!!

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de