[U-Boot-Users] When copy whole u-boot to new directory, it's shows some error!

Kylong Mu kylongmu at msn.com
Wed Jul 19 16:11:46 CEST 2006

Mr. Wolfgang
     I do with these steps, it shows some error like this:
1) Build a config successful
2) Then Copy  whole u-boot directory to a diferrent directory, and remove
old directory.
3) make clean
4) make some_config
5) make dep
6) make
./bmp_logo logos/denx.bmp
>/home/mqy/LinuxDEV/mg-filesystem/u-boot/include/bmp_logo.h
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mqy/LinuxDEV/mg-filesystem/u-boot/tools'
make -C examples all
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/mqy/LinuxDEV/mg-filesystem/u-boot/examples'
make[1]: *** no rule can build “hello_world.o” need “
/home/mqy/LinuxDEV/AT9200/DataFlash-Ver/u-boot/include/common.h” stopped
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/mqy/LinuxDEV/mg-filesystem/u-boot/examples'
make: *** [examples] error 2

     And I checked the error directory's .depend file, it shows that the
common.h reference to old
directory, it looks like that "make clean" or "make unconfig" can't fix it.
     After I add a new command in the "clean" section of "Makefile", and
repeat once again, it's all
ok!
     This is the command:
rm -rf `find ./ -name .depend`