[U-Boot-Users] minimal bootloader for arm11

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jul 21 10:35:05 CEST 2006

In message <457d2dc30607210001p854b854hd639b70b1c7190aa at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> a)  Can I use Uboot for our new ARM11 board. If yes. How much expertise is
> required.

Yes, you can.

You need  an  excellent  knowledge  of  your  architecture  and  your
hardware;   you   need   a  thouroughunderstanding  of  the  required
initialization procedure on your hardware (CPU,  timers,  interrupts,
I/O, devices, ...), and standard low-level programming techniques (C,
assembler, linker scripts).

> b)  If I decide to modify ower own bootloader code ; can you help me to
> indentify what areas required fresh coding or chagnes in reference to our
> board ; i want just minimal bootloader.

No, we cannot. This is the U-Boot mailing list, and we're  discussion
U-Boot only.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"The net result is a system that is not only binary  compatible  with
4.3  BSD, but is even bug for bug compatible in almost all features."
- Avadit  Tevanian,  Jr.,  "Architecture-Independent  Virtual  Memory
Management  for  Parallel  and  Distributed  Environments:  The  Mach
Approach"