[U-Boot-Users] Load address and entry point for mips?

mitsy mitsy12 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 01:06:47 CEST 2006

I apologize in advance if this question is irrelevant to u-boot.

I'm having issues kicking off Linux kernel from my u-boot. The board
I'm working on is based on mips au1550. I can load kernel image via
nfs to the board, and write to flash. However, when I try to run, it
uncompresses the image, and get stuck at "Starting kernel..."

When I do the mkimage with linux bin, I'm not sure what values to use
for load address and entry point. In README file, it says for powerpc
use 0 for both, but I think for mips, it won't be the case. (SDRAM
base is 0x80000000.)

I'd appreciate any suggestion/comments on this.

Thanks!

mitsy