[U-Boot-Users] Invalid MPC8349EMDS OR0 setting?

David Hawkins dwh at ovro.caltech.edu
Thu Jul 27 23:28:07 CEST 2006

Hey Dave,

While looking through the U-Boot source for the
MPC8349E-MDS board, I noticed the following:

u-boot/include/configs/MPC8349EMDS.h

CFG_OR0_PRELIM 0xFF806FF7

The '6' in the middle of this word corresponds
to bits 17 and 18, but in the reference manual
these bits are marked as reserved, and at processor
reset are 00b.

Since you and Ben have been working on this
board a while, I was wondering if there was
anything special about these particular bits,
eg. needed in silicon 1.0, but not the 1.1
on the MDS board.

Is this something I should try setting to 0,
test on the MDS board, and then submit a patch
for?

Also, do you know if the 2.0 silicon can
be dropped into the MDS board without change?

Thanks!
Dave