[U-Boot-Users] Any spport for Dallas 1-wire DS2502-E48

Edward Jubenville edjubenville at adelphia.net
Fri Jul 28 15:44:13 CEST 2006

Has anyone tried to implement a 1-wire driver for Dallas/Maxim 1-Wire
devices, in particular for a DS2502-E48 chip?

We are using a custom board based on the FreeScale Lite5200.  We have added
a DS2502-E48 chip to give us a unique MAC address on each board, instead of
having to buy/manage a block of MAC addresses from IEEE.

I'm considering writing a standalone bit-banging application that u-boot can
run to read and display the MAC address.  The user could then use the
display for the "setenv ethaddr" command.  Would there be any way for the
standalone program to modify the ethaddr environment variable directly?

Thanks,

Ed Jubenville