[U-Boot-Users] TFTP timeout

Philippe Villet Philippe.Villet at jdsu.com
Fri Jul 28 17:13:08 CEST 2006

Browsing the mailing list i saw that some people met my problem but i can' find the answer. Here is my problem :

TFTP transfer with u-boot (1.1.4) sometimes ended with timeout (TTT) and then a MAL error.

I'am using a 440EP, with 2 PHY from Micrel (KSZ8001) in SMII mode. Under linux (ELDK 4.0, kernel 2.6.16) we have no problem (nfs, ftp, tftp work well).

We used a Etheral to sniff and found out that u-boot ack one datapackage but when the next datapackage arrives u-boot doesn't seem to hear it. Instead u-boot timesout listening and sends another ack on the previous datapackage. The tftp server then retransmits the last datapackage again witch u-boot doesn't hear, u-boot times out and send another ack on the previous datapackage, and we are stuck in this loop.

A previous discussion "[U-Boot-Users] TFTP times out?" ended with a bad timer implementation.

Could someone help me ?

Thanks - Philippe.