[U-Boot-Users] u-boot 1.1.4 mx1ads kernel 2.4.18-rmk4-mx1bsp

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jul 29 14:32:42 CEST 2006

In message <44C8DC2E.501 at oviv.fr> you wrote:

> I'm trying to start kernel 2.4.18 on M9328MX1ADS ver1.1 board with u-boot.

I'm tempted to tell you that your posting is off topic  here,  as  we
deal with U-Boot and not with Linux.

I don't recommend to repost this  question  on  the  arm-linux  list,
though,  because all you will get is some pretty clear statement taht
2.4.18 is prehistoric and dead and not supported any longer.

So I guess I can tell you this as well...

> At this point, anything happens. The system is blocked.

Well, attach a debugger and find out where exactly it is hanging. All
the other debugging hints in the manual (like  trying  a  post-mortem
dump of the logbuffer) apply as well.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
America has been discovered before, but it has always been hushed up.
- Oscar Wilde