[U-Boot-Users] hi, everyone

zhenhua zou zouzhenhua at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 15:55:11 CEST 2006

Hi, everyone

I am porting U-Boot-1.1.4 to my board based on s3c44b0x and using
/board/dave/B2 as a referrence. My cross compiler is (DENX ELDK 3.1
3.3.3-8).

The variable ----base_address in the file /common/cmd_mem.c is not
correctly initialized. It ought to be zero after the initialization.
But when I type "base" command, it shows 0xFFFFFFFF instead of
0x00000000. Is there anybody who has such problems before? Could you
give me some hints about it?

Another question is about the function malloc. Sometimes when I
downloaded the modified code, in the function
env_relocate()(/common/env_common.c)  the line "env_ptr = (env_t
*)malloc (CFG_ENV_SIZE);" returned NULL. The modified code was about
the ethernet and TFTP. And I think it is irrelevant with the malloc. I
couldn't figure out why it happens. Any hints would be appreciated.

By the way I have checked the change log in the git repository since
1.1.4. Most of the changes about B2 board are the supporting of GCC
4.x and updating of CFI_FLASH. Is it necessary to update it to the top
tree of the git repository?  And the cross compiler?

Thanks in advance.
--
Best regards
     Zou Zhenhua