[U-Boot-Users] can not starting kernel

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jun 7 23:51:23 CEST 2006

In message <3c09ea2e0606061508r28dc0241sa61f09d88e20f4dd at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> >  ## Booting image at 30008000 ...
> >     Image Name:   linux kernel
> >     Created:      2006-06-06   9:05:42 UTC
> >     Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
> >     Data Size:    723492 Bytes = 706.5 kB
> >     Load Address: 30008000
> >     Entry Point:  30008000
> >     Verifying Checksum ... OK
> >     XIP Kernel Image ... OK
> >
> You are trying to extract your kernel to the same address which it is
> downloaded to (0x30008000).  This will not work, as it will overwrite
> itself as you try to extract it.  You need to either a) change your

Well, are you sure? The image is marked as XIP, but I have  to  admit
that  I  don't know what this means on ARM; but there seem to be more
things wrong - image  size  is  706  kB,  which  would  allow  for  a
compressed  2.4 Linux kernel - but AFAIK there was no support for XIP
in 2.4 fro ARM, and  especially  there  cannot  be  any  XIP  from  a
compressed image.

I guess the main problem  is  that  this  is  no  plain  code  but  a
compressed image despite the header information; and if the load / EP
addresses are correct is yet another issue.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If you believe that feeling bad or worrying long enough will change a
past or future event, then you are residing on another planet with  a
different reality system.