[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot-1.0.0 for PC . . .

Andreas Schweigstill andreas at schweigstill.de
Fri Jun 9 10:07:32 CEST 2006

Dear Kiran!

Kiran Jammula schrieb:
> I am using U boot with ARM processor Successfully. I want use the U-boot for
> my
> Pentium PC instead of GRUB or lilo. Can any one suggest How to  ues U-Boot
> for PC.

Like Wolfgang Denk mentioned, this can be a very long way. And you
probably shouldn't start with U-Boot 1.0.0 but with the current
GIT head version.

It seems that U-Boot could also be a replacement for the standard BIOS
on PC motherboards instead of just being another boot manager. But I
doubt that the chipset and motherboard manufacturers will supply
enough information about power-on initialisation, especially for an
open-source project.

Regards
Andreas Schweigstill

--