[U-Boot-Users] 82545GM giga bit controller.

k bisla k_bisla at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 12 18:31:03 CEST 2006

Hi,
I'm using the 82545GM gigabit controller which a lead free component on a
board very similar to ecotea(ppc 440 gx). We used the 82545EM earlier which
is the leaded version of the same. I have tried running it with the latest
U-boot too, and it doesn't send out bootp request.

What i found is that the "e1000_transmit" method times out. looks like it
doesn't get an ACK to indicate the write to the tx register was succesful.
I also used ethereal to see if the packets were making on to the wire, and
they weren't.

Has anyone else also run into this ? how did you get it to work ?
Can any resident expert shed some light. Any pointer would really be
appreciated.
Thanks !
kunal