[U-Boot-Users] Submitting patches procedure? Specifically Memec Design FF1152 patch

David Ashley uboot at xdr.com
Thu Jun 15 05:51:35 CEST 2006

Hi all,

Some weeks ago I submitted a patch for the Memec Design FF1152
dev board based on a big virtex-2 pro chip with embedded powerpc core.

Within a week someone else submitted parts of a patch that sounded
better than mine, same board. The complete patch was never posted.

Both patches seem to have fallen off the face of the earth. Neither
seems to have made it into the git version of u-boot.

My patch at least works and is complete. What am I doing wrong?
Can't someone put it into the standard u-boot source?

I say this because this is the whole point of a big open source
project like u-boot -- letting everyone contribute to make it
better. What incentive do people have to contribute if their work
doesn't get used?

Thanks--
Dave