[U-Boot-Users] How to submit a U-Boot patch

Jarrod Wood jarrodjwood at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 17:04:01 CEST 2006

Hello all,

I have modified a function in the U-Boot source code and would like to
contribute it back. However, I have never submitted a patch before and
therefore unfamiliar with the process. I have read the README file
which gives some details about verifying the patch works with all
boards, but seems to lack details about where and how to create and
submit the patch.

I have modified the common/cmd_elf.c:load_elf_image function to
support loading ELF images via reading the program headers instead of
the section headers, which according to the TIS ELF standard is the
correct method. This was modified due to errors loading various ELF
images such as the INTEGRITY RTOS. In addition, the current version
also does not check to see if the ELF headers will be overwritten when
the program sections are extracted, resulting in a machine check when
reading the next section. The modified version moves the ELF image out
of the way.

I believe these changes would be valuable to others and any
information on how to submit these would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Jarrod Wood
Sandia National Laboratories