[U-Boot-Users] Loading address for u-boot.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jun 23 14:17:17 CEST 2006

In message <20060623113017.79978.qmail at web53609.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

>  We are using  luan type customized board & wanna

There is no such thing as a "luan type customized board" either  it's
an  original  luan board, or it is a custom board, for which you have
to port U-Boot.

> is
>   AM29BX16, it is a 16 MB flash with the starting
> address
> as 0xff000000,their are 256 blocks & each block is
> 64kb  in size.I tried loading u-boot in 0xfff10000 as
> starting

If you configred U-Boot for this load address, then the image  should
have been 960 kB in size... This doesn't make much sense to me.

> properly) .Since this is 440 processor family is that
> any constrains need to considered while programming

Did you wrote anything to the reset vector at 0xFFFFFFFC ?

> u-boot image to flash. It's very urgent please help
> me.Thanks in advance.

If it's urgent I recommend to  buy  commercial  support.  Thi  sis  a
mailing  list,  where you get help for free when we have time.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Politician:  An  eel  in  the  fundamental   mud   upon   which   the
superstructure  of  organized  society is reared. When he wriggles he
mistakes the agitation of his tail for the trembling of the  edifice.
As  compared with the statesman, he suffers the disadvantage of being
alive.                                               - Ambrose Bierce