[U-Boot-Users] Help on flash type

Raja Chidambaram raja_chidambaram82 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 24 16:06:00 CEST 2006

Hi all,

We are using 440sp processor with 16MB(sector size
64k,no of blocks=256,spansion mfg) on-board-flash in
our customized board.The start address of the flash
memory is 0xff000000.We are able load u-boot image of
size 448K in to onboad-flash at address 0xfff90000 but
at the the reset the u-boot is not get detected.We
read through the luan(used the same for our
board)board's flash.c where it probes for flash
device-id & flash-chip-type.But our chip type does not
match on macros of flash.h header file,is their this
could be possible for u-boot not being detected.if it
so then flash-chip-type & flash_id is what
nedded,Please help me in this
                                         with regards
                                            raja