[U-Boot-Users] new to u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Jun 25 21:10:52 CEST 2006

In message <20060625180213.99848.qmail at web54313.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> But in some config files in board/xxxx directory, I
> saw that there are more functions provided in
> this file and each board has different functions.

Each board has different features and a  different  hardware  design;
this results in different code to support these features.

> How do these functions get called by the u-boot main
> code. Do I need to make changes to the u-boot main

See the init fuction calling sequence in board.c

> code also so as to call these functions in my config
> file in /board/xxx directory.

Normally no changes to common code should be necessary.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Unix is simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity."
					             - Dennis Ritchie