[U-Boot-Users] 1.1.4 and 2.6 kernel

alfred hitch alfred.hitch at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 10:43:38 CEST 2006

Hi All,

I am trying to get 2.6 kernel boot on a plattfor very similar to ixdp425.
We already have u-boot 1.1.1 and 2.4 kernel working for us. But, while
trying to get the 2.6 working.

I get the Booting image at XXXX
XXXX
Starting Kernel ...

And after that nothing.

At this stage I am expecting the "Uncompressing Linux ......"

What could be going wrong ? Same board, if I put in 2.4 on a 1.1.4 version
u-boot, it boots fine.

Is it some tty redirection issue ??
Only change from IXDP425 board is sdram configuration and ttyS1 for console
instead of ttyS0.
Suspecting later but then 2.4 shouldnt' have also booted up ?

I am new to u-boot and would appreciate some help on issue. any pointers ?

Regards,
Alfred