[U-Boot-Users] Dataflash and JFFS2

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jun 27 12:13:46 CEST 2006

In message <e7quuu$ugk$1 at sea.gmane.org> you wrote:

> >> partition starts at 0x29040 (with 0xc0000000 as base) size is 0x3f6e10
> >> which is a multiple of 528, right?
> >
> > I don't think so.
>
> sorry, i already corrected this typo :-) size is 0x3f6c00

This is NOT the partition size.

> but where should offset start from? at 0x00000000 or 0xc0000000?

I'm afraid I don't understand. Offsets measure the  distance  between
"here"  and  a "base" or "start" address. So offset 0 is identical to
the start address.

> this is my config:
> #undef CONFIG_JFFS2_CMDLINE
> #define CONFIG_JFFS2_DEV		"nor0"

This is not NOR flash. DOn't use misleading names.

> #define CONFIG_JFFS2_PART_SIZE		0x3f6c00

This is wrong. I would expect to see some "round" number here, i.  e.
0x380000 or so.

What are your partition sizes in Linux? You certainly don't have such
odd size there either, right?

> #define CONFIG_JFFS2_PART_OFFSET	(CFG_DATAFLASH_LOGIC_ADDR_CS0 + 0x29040)
>
> where 0x29040 is the beginning of the partition starting from 0xc0000000

This is wrong, too.

> so calling it nor0 doesn't effect anything?

Yes, it does. It causes confusion to the user and  is  thus  an  evil
thing that should be fixed.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
How many Unix hacks does it take to change a light bulb?  Let's  see,
   can you use a shell script for that or does it need a C program?