[U-Boot-Users] booting wince nk.nb0 on uboot (Shiju Mathew)

Tim Braun tim.braun at librestream.com
Fri Jun 30 17:55:14 CEST 2006

> From: "Shiju Mathew" <mshiju at gmail.com>
> I have a pxa270 based board. We have both linux and wince
> running on the system. Right now we are using uboot to boot linux and
eboot
> to boot wince.
> We want to use uboot to boot both linux and wince. I read a
> few post in this mailing list regarding wince booting and one of them
says that uboot
> supports wince nk.nb0 format. I tried this format as below
> but just got a message "Starting application at 0xa0100000".
>
> tftp 0xa0100000 NK.nb0
> go 0xa0100000
>
> Has anyone successful in booting wince images using uboot.

We use u-boot to boot a CE 5.0 image.  I can't tell you what's wrong
with
your boot, but I can tell you it can be done.  The commands are
basically
what you have - we use different addresses and filenames.

You do need to ensure that the image is loaded where it is built for -
that
means verify your config.bib is building the image for the address you
are
downloading to.

You don't need any special tools to create the .nb0 file, just an entry
in
config.bib to set the ROMSIZE.

Tim Braun, Sr. Des. Eng.
LibreStream Technologies