[U-Boot-Users] HRCW on mpc8xx

Addison Baldwin addison.baldwin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 23:32:47 CET 2006

I have been looking on Readme, Dulg, list and could not find where is
exactaly the hrcw for 8xx based systems.

Looking at my image (either at the embedded system or the *bin file),
I've found the magic number (0x27051956) in the begining of it. I
thought it isn't the hrcw, so, I came around the /cpu/mpc8xx/start.S
to take some look and found it at the initial statements (as
expected).

So, if the magic number is in the cs0, address zero, it will be at the
data bus at the reset moment, if CS0 is asserted (better: if the
device is activated).

I do not undestand. Is the magic number the HRCW?