[U-Boot-Users] "Need help to Port Wget to U-boot"

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Mar 8 08:13:43 CET 2006

In message <1483.61.95.208.2.1141799502.squirrel at 61.95.208.2> you wrote:

>  We are planning to put "Wget" feature into u-boot.
>   I am new to this Wget, but as of my knowledge Wget requires IP Stack and
>   File system.

Correct. Well, the file system could be avoided by just  storing  the
loaded  file  at  a  given memory address, but in any case you need a
more or less complete TCP/IP stsck, while U-Boot has only  a  minimal
implementation of UDB.

>  Can anyone through some inputs on this.

The task makes no sense. If you want to use wget, then just  boot  up
Linux.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Status quo. Latin for "the mess we're in."