[U-Boot-Users] start.S:undefined reference to lowlevel_init

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Mar 8 08:17:00 CET 2006

In message <20060308065541.58368.qmail at web30715.mail.mud.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> ln2410sbc_config : unconfig
>  @./mkconfig $(@:_config=) arm arm920t ln2410sbc NULL
> s3c24x0
>
> What does the NULL field represent?

See mkconfig and it's use in the Makefile

> 2. There already exists an entry for LN2410SBC in
> include/asm-arm/mach-types.h but no board specific
> files.

We copy mach-types.h from the official ARM code base, and it includes
many boards that are not yet supported by U-Boot.

> cpu/arm920t/start.S: 264: undefined reference to
> `lowlevel_init'
> make: *** [u-boot] Error 1

Your code fails to provide a needed function.

> I checked the ChangeLog and memsetup.S in
> board/ln2410sbc in earlier u-boot versions (1.1.1) has
> been changed to lowlevel_init.S (from 1.1.3). This
> gets compiled inside board/ln2410sbc, but, somehow
> cpu/arm920t/start.S doesn't see it?

Check the link commands...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Who alone has reason to *lie  himself  out*  of  actuality?  He  who
*suffers* from it."                             - Friedrich Nietzsche