[U-Boot-Users] gunzip question about large uImages

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Mar 13 12:27:28 CET 2006

In message <6.1.1.1.0.20050524101746.01ead170 at ptg1.spd.analog.com> you wrote:
> Quick Question:
> It looks to me that the max uncompressed image size is hard coded to 4Meg
> (0x400000 bytes). Any thoughts why?

Historic reasons (and actually I think you are doing something  wrong
if your kernel image exceeds this size :-).

Anyway, the limit was now raised to 8 MB, and a new  config  variable
CFG_BOOTM_LEN added to adjust this setting.

See README for details.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It took him several minutes to understand any new idea  put  to  him,
and  this is a very valuable trait in a leader, because anything any-
one is still trying to explain to you after two minutes  is  probably
important  and anything they give up after a mere minute or so is al-
most certainly something they shouldn't have been bothering you  with
in the first place.                   - Terry Pratchett, _Reaper Man_