[U-Boot-Users] flash recommendations

NZG ngustavson at emacinc.com
Mon Mar 13 16:45:15 CET 2006

As many of you are probably aware, AMD is in the process of discontinuing most
of it's old flash memory in favor of it's new Spansion designs, which are
largely not pin compatible.
We're going to need to do some board rev's in response to this and I wanted
to poll the community for suggestions for a new flash.

I realize u-boot and MTD can work based on the CFI, but I see things in the
MTD layer about bug workarounds and such for certain flash types.

Is anyone out there using the Spansion flash? Have you had good luck with it?
Is anyone using a really great flash product they would like to recommend?

We are targeting the Coldfire and DS400 processors if that makes a difference
(32 and 8 bit). Don't mind coding a bit if it adds significant functionality.

thank you,
Nathan.