[U-Boot-Users] Patch to add the avnet5282 board to u-boot-1.1.4

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Mar 15 16:27:44 CET 2006

In message <002901c64800$4713d600$091a1bac at serra.es> you wrote:

> Here you have a patch to add the avnet5282 board to the last u-boot release

Can you please re-read the patch submission guidelines in the README,
and stick to the rules?

You don't include a CHANGELOG entry.

You violate the coding style (trailing white space, indentation,

You include unnecessary code bloat like here:

	+#if 1
	+       debug ("\n## Get flash bank 1 size @ 0x%08x\n",FLASH_BASE0_PRELIM);
	+#endif

Please clean this up!

You mess with Copyright notes, like here:

	- * (C) Copyright 2000-2004
	+ * (C) Copyright 2000

Never do this!!!

You mess with perfectly good indentation, like here:

	-	cbd_t rxbd[PKTBUFSRX];  /* Rx BD */
	-	cbd_t txbd[TX_BUF_CNT]; /* Tx BD */
	+    cbd_t rxbd[PKTBUFSRX];             /* Rx BD */
	+    cbd_t txbd[TX_BUF_CNT];            /* Tx BD */

You add completely bogus files, like  include/asm-m68k/8xx_immap.h  -
oir  definitely makes no sense to have MPC860 specific code in a m68k
directory.

Sorry, but this needs A LOT of cleanup. I have to reject it.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
                                                 -- Wernher von Braun