[U-Boot-Users] [U-Boot-Users]

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Mar 29 00:06:51 CEST 2006

Dear Niclas,

in message <KAEELLICOFHDAEPIACDEMEDGCHAA.nicolas.lacressonniere at rfo.atmel.com> you wrote:

> I have just a quick question on U-Boot GIT repositories.
> I usually clone U-Boot from http://www.denx.de/git/u-boot.git . But I found

That's ok. This is the only official GIT repo/

> another repository at git.kernel.org/pub/scm/boot/u-boot/u-boot.git

This is a private GIT repo by one contributor. It's his way  to  pass
information to me, and to me only. Do not use this.

> When I compile U-Boot cloned from kernel.org, I have a version which is
> something like "U-Boot-1.1.4-jfuihfhue-dirty". So could you explain me what
> is that repository. Is is something "unofficial"?

It's not for publich use (unless you know exactly  why  you're  using
it).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
You cannot propel yourself forward by patting yourself on the back.