[U-Boot-Users] custom loadable command shell

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Mar 29 00:17:54 CEST 2006

In message <44299C65.7050304 at mc.com> you wrote:

> I've been contemplating how to develop a U-Boot loadable applet which
> provides a set of custom commands which augment the standard U-Boot
> command set. The general idea is to keep a working version of U-Boot in
> Flash without modifying - and then simply installing the new command
> applet as it changes.

No problem to do this. There are already several boards which do this.

> The applet would include a command parser. If none of my custom commands
> are found, a call to the U-Boot parser (via ABI) would be made to handle
> U-Boot commands.

No need to implement a new parser. The existing one  deals  perfectly
fine with such a requirement. Just read the documentation.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing,  but it is not  one
half so bad as a lot of ignorance.   - Terry Pratchett, _Equal Rites_