[U-Boot-Users] about some variables in Makefile

Lucas Jin lucasjin at 126.com
Wed Mar 29 15:14:03 CEST 2006

Hi guys:

	I am a beginner of U-Boot, and now I am trying to understand the Makefiles.

	There are some variables in the Makefile under the top directory, which are used without being defined and initiated. For example:
	PLATFORM_LIBS: "PLATFORM_LIBS += --no-warn-mismatch -L $(shell dirname `$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -print-libgcc-file-name`) -lgcc",
	and
	OBJCFLAGS: "$(OBJCOPY) ${OBJCFLAGS} -O srec $< $@".
	I've checked all the *.mk which are included directly or indirectly by this Makefile and have not find any defination or initiation. I also have made sure that they are not environment variables of LINUX.

	I'm so wondering. If anyone could give me an explaination, I will appreciate it so much!

	Best Wishes

        Lucas Jin
        lucasjin at 126.com
          2006-03-29