[U-Boot-Users] LCD on OMAP2430

Woodruff, Richard r-woodruff2 at ti.com
Wed Mar 29 18:13:21 CEST 2006

Hello,

> *** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment
>
> This message is coming from common/env_common.c file. Can anyone help
me
> identify the mistake?

This warning is nothing to worry about; it just means you have not saved
a copy of your environment into flash.  The built in defaults will be
used then.  If you do a 'saveenv' then reboot the message will go away.
It's a little more work in a production sense to program up a proper
per-device value but its doable, though a little harder for things like
NAND.

> Is that all I have to do to enable my target LCD within U-Boot? My
goal
> is to be able to write images on the LCD verify if it is OK.

In the past I have added such support into u-boot for an OMAP device.
That code likely would be a good starting point and probably would work
with a few tweaks.

Regards,
Richard W.