[U-Boot-Users] RE: LCD on OMAP2430

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Mar 29 22:20:39 CEST 2006

In message <4F9B2712E6C4C74582548D2260EE1D2D9E24B3 at ct11exm64.ds.mot.com> you wrote:
> I realized about the Bad CRC warning afterwards. Anyway, the U-Boot
> hangs

Are you sure that it hangs? Do you have the  LCD  display  connected?
What do you see on it.

> after that message and I do not see stdout, stdin and stderr that should
> come up
> on the console. How can I change that to my target LCD? I know that
> stdin cannot
> be LCD, it has to be UART, But how can I change stdout to LCD? Can any
> one help?

Read the code. If LCD is enabled, both stdout and stderr will  go  to
the  LCD by default - which is probably why you don't see anything so
you think the board is hanging while it's running fine.

Try typing a few times ENTER, followed by a  "setenv  stdout  serial"
(even if you don't see any echo for your typing).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Anyone who knows history, particularly the history of Europe, will, I
think, recognize that the domination of education or of government by
any one particular religious faith is never a happy  arrangement  for
the people.                                       - Eleanor Roosevelt