[U-Boot-Users] Cannot set bootcount

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon May 1 00:33:25 CEST 2006

In message <200604302223.00635.antonio.dibacco at aruba.it> you wrote:
> I don't manage to reset bootcount on a MBX with MPC860. I imagine the variable
> is in MPC internal ram or in a register and setting its value and saving the
> environment has no effect.

Please see the manual:

        "It is the responsibility of some application code (typically
	 a Linux application) to reset the variable bootcount, thus allowing
	 for more boot cycles."

I think a driver to do this has been posted here before;  search  the
archives.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Applying computer technology is simply finding the  right  wrench  to
pound in the correct screw.