[U-Boot-Users] NAND ECC: S3C2410

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon May 1 18:39:43 CEST 2006

Dear Steve,

in message <13367763.1146500720178.JavaMail.root at elwamui-ovcar.atl.sa.earthlink.net> you wrote:

> >From: Markus Klotzbücher <mk-lists at creamnet.de>
> >I can't see any ecc specific code in cmd_nand.c. Most likely you should
> >not have to change anything in this file.
>
> In 1.1.4 there's a bunch of code in cmd_nand.c under #ifdef MTD_NAND_ECC (e.g., the
> nand_correct_data() routine) which assumes 3 ECC bytes for each 256

You are referring to obsolete code.

> byte block, and 6 bytes of ECC stored overall per 512 byte block. The
> Samsung uses a scheme with 3 bytes per 512 byte block, leading me to
> believe the current code is specific to some other chip.

All this stuff has been moved into what is  now  called  the  "legacy
NAND  driver"  code,  which will be removed sometime (hopefully) soon
(as soon as board maintainers convert5ed hteir boards to use the  new
NAND code).

Please get a current version of U-Boot (top of  repository)  and  use
this for any recent work.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
There are bugs and then there are bugs.  And then there are bugs.
                                                    - Karl Lehenbauer