[U-Boot-Users] Why doesn't "lds" file have effect on the ".text" section in the object file?

Min Chen chenm at scut.edu.cn
Tue May 2 10:46:16 CEST 2006

u-boot-usersHello everybody,
  My question is about GNU linker scripts and has something to do with the ARM image. The addresses specified in the linker scripts file with an "lds" extension are exactly the addresses in ram for output sections in the object file to be copied to ram from flash(or rom), right? But the fact is, after decompiling the object file, I saw the ".text" section has a start address specified by TEXT_BASE in /board/xsbase255/config.mk(xsbase255 is my board name) rather than ". = 0x00000000" in /board/xsbase255/u-boot.lds.
Why doesn't "lds" file have effect on the ".text" section in the object file?
Thanks.