[U-Boot-Users] Data Chache enable

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue May 2 21:06:52 CEST 2006

I asked you before: Please provide a real  name.  This  is  the  last
reply  I  send  to  somebody  who hides behind a silly name like "PDF
conversion". Please READ the netiquette.

In message <20060502170715.88092.qmail at web37103.mail.mud.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I am trying to avoid the D chache exception 200 when I
> enable D cache.

The fix is simple: don't enable D-Cache.

> I know that the documentation indicates: "Data cache
> cannot be enabled on systems like 8xx or 8260(where

What exatly is not clear in the word "cannot"?

Do you understand what "can not" means?

> Are there any new commands I can include in the U-Boot
> boot loader?

There are many commands that can be enabled,  but  probably  none  of
them will help you doing things that cannot be done.

> Does any one know what the specific register settings
> are to avoid the data cache exception.
>
> If there is any documentation I overlooked please
> indicate.

It seems you did not overlook something, but  you  obviously  try  to
ignore a couple of things.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing,  but it is not  one
half so bad as a lot of ignorance.   - Terry Pratchett, _Equal Rites_