[U-Boot-Users] Application Performance optimization (MPC8260) with D cache enable

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 3 08:42:22 CEST 2006

In message <20060503000043.65410.qmail at web37106.mail.mud.yahoo.com> you wrote:
> I think I communicated my problem incorrectly. Since
> this is an optical routing unit there is a lot of data
> read write that occurs for running applications.

But you aren't running your applications under Linux, not under U-Boot, rigth?

> Although the data cache may not contribute
> significantly to the performance of the boot process,
> Mr Wei Zhou believes from his past experience that it
> can help us increase our spead of operation of the
> kernel, and the applications will run significantly
> faster. I am new!

And what makes you believe that the D-cache is Linux is not  enabled?
Of course it is!

> I am experimenting but I have a new shipment of
> hardware on the way that has 4 channels which mean
> more  data read writes which I believe means I will
> need the d cache.

In Linux the data cache IS ALREADY enabled.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Actual war is a very messy business. Very, very messy business.
	-- Kirk, "A Taste of Armageddon", stardate 3193.0