[U-Boot-Users] EOL Notification: End of CVS support.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri May 5 00:39:43 CEST 2006

Hi everybody.

I'm finally completely fed up with the poor quality  of  support  and
services  on  SourceForge. Ummm.. sorry, no, that's not poor quality.
There is absolutely no quality at all.

For more than 5 weeks they haven't been able to get CVS working
again. At
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=2352&group_id=1
you get this information:

	Project CVS Service:
	Partial Outage In-Progress
	Last updated: 2006-03-30 Pacific

The "In-Progress" obviously means that the outage is progressing.

I hereby declare the end of life for the CVS repository of U-Boot.
Please use the git repository at
http://www.denx.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=u-boot.git instead.

For those who cannot live without CVS, set up a TEMPORARY (!)
repository at www.denx.de, see for example
http://www.denx.de/cgi-bin/cvsweb/u-boot/

But please note: use of CVS is officially  deprecated;  this  service
may go away sooner or later.

1) The CVS repository at Source Forge is no longer maintained.
   Don't use it any more!

2) The use of CVS in general is deprecated. Use git instead.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I am more bored than you could ever possibly be.  Go back to work.