[U-Boot-Users] AT91RM9200 Dataflash op error with U-Boot1.1.4

KylongMu mqy at 263.net.cn
Tue May 9 13:11:52 CEST 2006

Dear Groups:
	My board contains: AT91RM9200 DataFlash:AT45DB642 (without nand
flash)
	Crosstool: ELDK4.0 for arm
	UBoot:     Get from www.denx.de with git, and update to most recent
code.
	UBoot Config file: at91rm9200dk_config

	At fist, I compiled the uboot with at91rm9200dk config, but it halt
after boot and without prompt. It's work after I add some definition in the
file include/configs/at91rm9200dk.h like this:

#define CONFIG_ENV_OVERWRITE
#define CONFIG_SKIP_LOWLEVEL_INIT
#define	CFG_ENV_IS_IN_DATAFLASH
	I think this is very confuse for a uboot user, it waste me many time
to find out the correct way to make it work, I think it should be with a
simple define to make sure if you boot from dataflash.
	The good message is my board can show uboot prompt now, the bad
message is when I try to erase the DataFlash, it shows error like this:
*--------------------------------------*
DataFlash[15Mhz]:AT45DB642
Nb pages:   8192
Page Size:   1056
Size= 8650752 bytes
Logical address: 0xC0000000
*--------------------------------------*
1: Download Dataflash [addr]
2: Read Dataflash [addr]
3: Start UBOOT [C0008000 => 20000000]
*--------------------------------------*
Enter:
Load UBOOT from dataflash[c0008000] to SDRAM[21f00000]
PLLA[180MHz], MCK[60Mhz] ==> Start UBOOT

U-Boot 1.1.4 (May  8 2006 - 20:12:59)

DRAM:  64 MB
Atmel: Flash:  0 kB
DataFlash:AT45DB642
Nb pages:   8192
Page Size:   1056
Size= 8650752 bytes
Logical address: 0xC0000000
Area 0: C0000000 to C0007FFF (RO)
Area 1: C0008000 to C001FFFF (RO)
Area 2: C0020000 to C0027FFF
Area 3: C0028000 to C083FFFF
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
U-Boot> erase c0020000 c0027fff
Error: start address not on sector boundary
U-Boot>

	Does anybody know how to solve with this?
Thanks a lot!

KylongMu