[U-Boot-Users] Section overlap
k_bisla at hotmail.com
Wed May 10 03:05:38 CEST 2006
I'm using U-boot-1.0.0 on an ebony board (ppc),
and running into section overlap error at the time of linking.
here's what the output looks like ...
section .u_boot_cmd [ffffef50 -> fffff567] overlaps section .bootpg
[fffff000 -> fffff29f]
1) how do i get around this ?
Taking out cmd_bmp, cmd_ide, cmd_scsi etc etc which i'm not using from the
Looks like i cant take out most of the commands, they are referred from
other portion of the code.
2) How does these commands scheme work, are the always linked in ?
3) I thought you could cherry pick the ones you need. is this correct ?
4) Also is this a right approach to handle the above problem.
5) Would using -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections for gcc and --gc-sections
for the linker possible.
Any suggestion how i could remove unwanted stuff.
Your thoughts and suggestion would be appreciated.
More information about the U-Boot