[U-Boot-Users] PATCH: Add command support for second I2C controller

Ben Warren bwarren at qstreams.com
Mon May 15 22:28:23 CEST 2006

Hello,

Please ignore the previous patch - it contained a typo that would break
the compile.  Sorry... really - I did test this a lot but must have hit
a wrong key sequence in vim or something...  Really!

Attached is a patch to common/cmd_i2c.c that allows access to two I2C
controllers on a board.  Note that this doesn't actually change any
hardware control - it just enhances the command set and passes more
information to whatever version of i2c_read(), i2c_write() etc. that
you're using.  I've implemented driver changes on MPC8349 hardware, but
they're not quite ready for review yet.  New definitions:
CONFIG_I2C_2_CTRLS - board has two I2C controllers
CFG_I2C2_NOPROBES {} - list of devices on bus 2 to ignore when probing

CHANGELOG:
        If CONFIG_I2C_2_CTRLS is defined, the 'chip' parameter of all
I2C
commands will accept an optional controller argument.
e.g.  'imd 50.1 0' displays data at offset 0 of controller 1 device 50
      'imd 50.2 0' displays data at offset 0 of controller 2 device 50
      'iprobe 2' probes for devices on the second bus

regards,
Ben