[U-Boot-Users] Bug: 1.1.4, NAND, JFFS2

Steve Finney saf76 at earthlink.net
Sat May 20 01:43:05 CEST 2006

I couldn't find  mention of this behavior in the archives so I'll send
this along as  informational; I know that the response will be "use
the latest version" :-), but  in case this behavior hasn't been fixed,,
here's a report.

I'm using U-Boot 1.1.4 with a Samsung K9* NAND flash and a JFFS2 file system
(created with Linux 2.6.14) which can be accessed with U-Boot; a  "file.scr" file
containing  U-Boot commands is at the top level of the JFFS2 file system.
We use the fsload command to
set some U-Boot enviroment parameters (so: "fsload file.scr"). If file.scr
is removed from the JFFS2 and not replaced, "fsload file.scr" will still
read the deleted version.  Since it's a log-structured file system the
data is still there, but the newly written dirent with name "file.scr" and
inode 0 is supposed to hide it. It apparently doesn't. If you actually
write new  content to file.scr, then the new content will be read.

Like I said, just FYI. I'll either live with it, fix  it, or upgrade (unless someone
has another suggestion).

sf