[U-Boot-Users] PATCH: Add command support for multiple I2C controllers

Tolunay Orkun listmember at orkun.us
Tue May 23 08:59:59 CEST 2006

Travis B. Sawyer wrote:
> Wolfgang Denk wrote:
>
>> I definitely see an improvement with each iteration, and  my  feeling
>> is  that  you  understand pretty well what I mean. I encourage you to
>> continue. Please go on.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Wolfgang Denk
>>

> Yes, do please continue.  I currently have a hackish implementation that
> is used only on
> the sandburst boards, as I didn't want to pollute the tree making
> others' images larger.

Me too. :) I too would benefit from this as the board that I am working
(405EP based) has 2 I2C busses; The regular hardware i2c bus and the
soft i2c using 2 GPIO pins. I too would like to do initialization in
U-Boot on the soft I2C bus. Standard support for multiple I2C busses
would be great.

Best regards,
Tolunay