[U-Boot-Users] 8xx watchdog too short

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue May 23 22:29:30 CEST 2006

In message <200605232051.13818.antonio.dibacco at aruba.it> you wrote:
> I have the watchdog enabled. Today I deleted the environment, upon reset the
> u-boot "reformatted" this environment, but the watchdog expires just during
> this operation. I have the SYPCR with SWTC set to maximum value 0xFFFF.

What do you  mean  that  U-Boot  "reformatted"  the  environment?  It
doesn't do anything like this.

> Ok, I can enable the watchdog after this flash "format", but I don't want
> modify the u-boot behaviour.
>
> How can this happen?

Please explain what exactly is happening.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If you want strict real-time behavior, run in the real  time  schedu-
ling class.  But there are no seatbelts or airbags;  main(){for(;;);}
can hard hang your system.                          -- Bart Smaalders