[U-Boot-Users] PhyCore Board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 24 18:29:59 CEST 2006

In message <20060524131021.89750.qmail at web30603.mail.mud.yahoo.com> you wrote:

>              I am using PhyCore board with ARM7TDMI. U-boot is working properly for this board when i did is all the required changes for this board  in u-boot.

Contgratulations. Then you are done with modifying U-Boot.

>              I wanna run the uClinux on this board. I just want to know about the entry-point in linux from u-boot. I am looking in the file lib/armlinux.c.
>   Where can i get the information about the booting of uClinux on Phytec board. What all changes do i need to do in u-boot fot booting linux on this board.

You got this wrong. You don't modify U-Boot to boot Linux,  it's  the
other  way  round. You have to port Linux to your hardware. When this
has been done, U-Boot can be used to load and start the kernel.

> --0-191875865-1148476221=:89266

Please NEVER post HTML on this list.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Lispers are among  the  best  grads  of  the  Sweep-It-Under-Someone-
Else's-Carpet  School of Simulated Simplicity. [Was that sufficiently
incendiary? :-)]  - Larry Wall in <1992Jan10.201804.11926 at netlabs.com