[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot port to a new AT91RM9200 board

Guido Classen clagix at gmail.com
Fri May 26 23:05:16 CEST 2006

Hi Marco,

> There are some important patches for AT91 you must apply to u-boot-1.1.4
> before starting customizing it, look at ML history messages.

Thanks for your answer. I am relative new at U-Boot. I've started with a
customized U-Boot 1.1.3 using "boot.bin" as primary bootstrap code.
Shortly I switch to U-Boot 1.1.4 using the current GIT sources. So I am not
sure which patches are already applied here.
My board doesn't boot from serial flashes so I think I don't need these
flashes. I have a normal parallel NOR-Flash for booting U-Boot.

U-Boot 1.1.4 now boots perfectly without using an primary bootloader and
without CONFIG_SKIP_LOWLEVEL_INIT define it initializes clocks and SDRAM
controller successfully by itself!

Now I am cleaning up my code and trying to move my modifications in the board
specific code. Therefore my questions in the first mail.

Regards
  Guido