[U-Boot-Users] _gp and __got_start alignment problem in u-boot.lds

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon May 29 00:31:07 CEST 2006

In message <7DE680819FF6BF49974119663963FDB903264DDB at USVAEX1.tellabs-west.tellabsinc.net> you wrote:
> There seems to be a problem common to several of the mips targets
> u-boot.lds files.  I've found that if any code results in data falling
> into the .sdata section, there's a good possibility that _gp and
> __got_start will not be equal, resulting in u_boot_cmds not being
> relocated properly (and ultimately, some/all commands not functioning
> properly or at all).
> Has anyone run into this problem?

Similar problems have been observed before  with  other  segments.  I
still  consider  this  a  bug  in  the linker, but I see no chance of
having this fixed.

Please submit a proper patch to  fix  the  affected  loader  scripts.
Thanks in advance.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Peace was the way.
	-- Kirk, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate unknown