[U-Boot-Users] download u-boot to ram and exec "go (start address of u-boot in ram)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue May 30 09:11:55 CEST 2006

In message <20060530033958.85114.qmail at web16813.mail.tpe.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> The question is that could I downlload u-boot (not
> u-boot.bin) to RAM and execute "go" to debug(just
> print message) u-boot?

This is a FAQ. Please see
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/CanUBootBeConfiguredSuchThatItCanBeStartedInRAM

> If no,is there any way to debug u-boot without ICE and
> burnning into flash?

Not really.

We had a customer once who would program the  flash  in  an  external
programmer,  solder  it  on, try it out, then solder the chips off to
erase and re-program. I don't think this is a very efficient  way  of
debugging...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
 The software required `Windows 95 or better', so I installed Linux.